Can I access PowerTeacher at home?
Yes. You can access PowerTeacher on a PC or a MAC by opening a browser and typing the following url:
In PowerTeacher Gradebook, how do I show scores for a student who is no longer enrolled in my section?
- Select the class from which the student transferred.
- Under Student Groups (left side-bar, half-way down) click on the pull-down menu next to Dropped.
- Select the name of the student.
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Select Individual Student Report.
- Change "Students:" to Selected Groups and/or Students.
- Change "Date Range:" to the desired term.
- Click Run Reports. Click OK.
- Select File, Print to print a report containing assignment names and scores for the selected student.
TIPS & TRICKS
PowerTeacher Gradebook - Class Average
To display a "class average" in PowerTeacher Gradebook, click on Summary at the bottom of the Students column. The mean, median and mode will be displayed for each individual assignment, as well as the final grade.
PowerTeacher Gradebook - Categories
The category names displayed on the parent portal are the abbreviations, not the full names. If you need to change a category name to make it more self-explanatory, select "Tools", then "Categories". Select a category and edit the abbreviation. The only restriction is that the maximum number of characters that will display on the parent portal "class score detail" page is 15.
PowerTeacher Gradebook - Category Weights
Category weighting must be set up for EVERY trimester for EVERY class. To verify, select each class & click on "Grade Setup". Select each reporting term, one at a time. Verify that "category weights" is selected and that the appropriate categories & weights have been assigned. NOTE: You can change the "Grade Setup" at anytime during the current trimester or for any future trimester.
Fill Scores (Standards) - PowerTeacher Gradebook
Use the Fill Scores command to quickly and easily enter the same score for all students or for only those without a score.
Click on the link below to download instructions for Fill Scores (Standards).