posted Sep 26, 2016, 11:29 AM by Edward Foster
updated Feb 5, 2017, 1:37 PM
Last year's (2015-2016) MCAS student result reports were sent home in grade 4 and grade 5 student backpacks on September 30th. Please contact your child's teacher and/or school administration if you have any questions.
The following are some other important points related to MCAS 2:
- As you may know, all Commonwealth public school students from grades 3-10 will be taking the first year of MCAS 2 in the spring. The FINAL Sargent MCAS 2 grade level testing dates are as follows:
4/4, 4/5, 4/6
4/25, 4/26, 4/27
4/25, 4/26, 4/27
- Again, the MCAS 2 will be a NEW test this spring for ALL students in the Commonwealth in terms of the specifics including guidelines, testing mode, training modules, practice tests, etc., etc. There is an understanding/expectation that it will take some time before teachers and students in the Commonwealth (and North Andover) become comfortable with this new test. We will all be working to familiarize ourselves appropriately with the new test over the next few months. Patience and understanding will be a virtue:)
- All ELA and Math MCAS 2 tests will be done on computers. (This is the direction the DESE is going across the Commonwealth.) This is a change from how students have taken these tests in the past. In the coming months, grade 3-5 students will be begin to familiarize themselves with this testing mode by spending some time with basic keyboarding and using computers in school on MCAS 2 practice test training modules provided by the DESE.
- All grade third, fourth and fifth grade parents are asked to please refrain from scheduling doctor’s appointments, family vacations, etc. during MCAS testing days/sessions.
- I think that is it for now on news related to MCAS 2. Anything new that comes up I’ll share with you accordingly. Please let me know if you have any questions.