Mental Health Awareness Day
On Wednesday May 24th the Mental Health Awareness Club at NAHS is hosting a day long event to raise awareness for people with mental illnesses in the school community. It can be very difficult for many people to navigate and communicate about their mental health and they want to help students feel comfortable about their mental health and feel confident in asking for help if they need it. This event will be a great educational experience for everyone who attends..
The program will be open to the public from 1:00-2:00 to visit the Exhibitors in the Field House, a list of participants can be found at below, and at 2:00 pm, the public is welcome to attend Dr. Dana Osoweicki’s presentation in the NAHS auditorium.
Dr. Dana Osoweicki has kindly agreed to lead a professional development session where she will discuss the neurology ofmental health and motivation, especially in students. All are welcome to attend this presentation (including organization representatives, students, and members of the community).
AT THE REQUEST OF DR. OSOWEICKI, PLEASE SIT INTHE FRONT OF THE AUDITORIUM DURING THE PRESENTATION.
● Anxiety - North Andover High School Mental Health Awareness Club
● Art and Mental Health - Tony Delmonico
● Bring Change 2 Mind and Students' Mental Health - Newburyport High School
Mental Health Awareness Club
● Economics of Mental Health - Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
● Fire Based EMS - Responding to a call for Mental Health - North Andover Fire
● LGBTQ+ Mental Health and Organization Resources - North Andover Health
Department AND North Andover High School GSA
● Comfort Dog - Lydia Therapy Dog
● Mental Health Education and Suicide Awareness - The Nan Project
● Mental Health in literature and media - Laura Harrington
● Music and Mental Health - North Andover High School Music Department
● NAMI Student led mental health presentations - Salem, NH High School
● Organization Resources - National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
● Organization Resources - North Andover Community Support Services
● Organization Resources - North Andover Parent Resource Network
● Organization Resources - Stevens Memorial Library
● Prevention and Education - Lawrence and Methuen Community Coalition
● School Mental Health Resources - North Andover High School Counseling Staff
● Social Media/Technology - NAHS Nursing Staff
● Stress - North Andover Youth Center
● Stress Reduction (demonstration) - Kristen Newman and Kaitlin Rogato
● Veterans Mental Health - North Andover High School Support Our Soldiers Club