Summer Reading Lists
- See the Summer Reading page for lists by grade-level
Superintendent's Summer Reading Challenge
- "Tails & Tales": Observe animals in your neighborhood and write either a nonfiction report or a fantasy story. Read full instructions here!
- Submit to Bev Zagarri, Assistant to the Superintendent, by August 27th
Superintendent's Summer Math Challenge
- Two ways to participate: Bedtime Math problems or answering a riddle.
- Read full instructions here!
Steven's Memorial Library Activities
- On Tuesday, June 1st, the Library re-opens its regular hours! No appointments are needed to visit the Library.
- Download the Library's summer programming brochure
- Visit the library's website here
- Summer Programs for all ages
- Children's Shows on the Common
- Steven's Pond: Season Passes & Swim Lessons
Special Education Programming
- Extended School Year for students in the District's sub separate programs
- Partnership with Summer Fun & Community Programs
- Tutoring, Transitioning, and Social Skills supports
The Acceleration Academy is an in person program targeting specific students, in rising grades 1-11, with greatest need in specific skill areas. The program is by invitation only. Invitations have begun to be sent out as of June 3rd. They will continue to be delivered over the next few weeks as we place students in the academy. This program will run at the end of the summer the weeks of August 16-20 and August 23-27. The goal is to work on a specific area, monitor progress, and prepare the students to enter school in September. Students may be invited to attend one or both weeks of the Academy.
NAHS Credit Recovery
- Build skills in English, Math and Science while recovering credit
- See flyer for more information
Summer AP STEM & English Bridge Program
Mass Insight's Summer Program helps students bridge gaps between their fundamental courses and their ‘21-‘22 AP science and English courses. These VIRTUAL courses will be taught by experienced AP teachers from across the state and are FREE and open to all Massachusetts public and charter school students. Learn more on Mass Insight's website.
NAPS Summer STEAM Activities
Continue to build a love of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) all summer long with weekly activities! Visit the NAPS Summer STEAM webpage.
Continue Learning with NAPS Apps
Keep the learning going all summer!!
The following are opportunities for students to continue to build their knowledge and skills all summer long.
Lexia® Core5 is a fun, computer-based program that has helped millions of students improve their literacy skills. NAPS students in grades K-5 can use Lexia® Core5® Reading at home this summer. The activities in Core5 support and build on your child’s classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Online activities include direct instruction and immediate feedback as your child learns new skills. For more information visit Lexia Support for Families page
ST Math is a visual instructional program that engages students in creative and rigorous problem solving, allowing them to see the math and grow. NAPS students in grades K-5 can spend 15-20 minutes a day to help JiJi the penguin get across the screen by solving mathematical puzzles. If children struggle with making sense of a problem, ask your student questions about what they see happening on the screen: What do you see? What happened when you clicked? What will you do now? Parents and caregivers can find helpful resources in the ST Math parent guide, Spanish resources and join the Facebook ST Math Home Community
Zearn Summer Intensive Series includes a curated set of lessons by grade for rising 1st through 8th graders. Students can follow this guide to complete the most essential missions and ensure they are ready for grade level learning this fall. Independent digital lessons are interactive and adaptive. They include fluency, concept development and independent practice with built in math help. Parents and caregivers can find helpful tips and resources in the Parent / Caregiver Pack in English and the Parent / Caregiver Pack in Spanish or follow Zearn on Instagram.
Keyboarding Without Tears
Students computer skills sure have gotten a boost this year! Keyboarding Without Tears is a keyboarding program that builds computer readiness, technique, and digital citizenship while building typing speed and fluency. Its patented, proven approach to learning prepares students for digital communication skills. NAPS K–5 students can continue through their lessons all summer long to keep becoming adept users of technology.