2021-2022 School Year
Commissioner Jeff Riley and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) have mandated that all public K-12 students, educators, and staff be required to wear masks in school buildings through October 1. Masks are required on buses per federal mandate. As a result of the Commissioner’s Mask Mandate, the School Committee voted on August 24, 2021, to approve a district face-covering policy.
Please review the Back to School presentation from the August 24th School Committee meeting for more information on the Health and Operational plans for our return to school.
Please also see the 2021-2022 District Reference Guide which provides essential health and safety information for all students, staff, and families. This document will be updated regularly if conditions and circumstances change.
Resources for Families
- Free Meals Extended until June 2022
- Meal Applications for those who wish to qualify for free/reduced priced transportation, community programs or athletics.
- Knightly News: Monthly Superintendent's Newsletter
- DESE: COVID-19 On the Desktop Messages
- Social & Emotional resources
COVID-19 is putting incredible pressure on families. You might be noticing your child is struggling in new ways, or that old problems are getting worse. Should you worry about your child’s behavioral health? Visit handholdma.org for help.