Mental Health Resources
Below is a list of resources that you may find useful when talking with children about violent incidents:
- Children and Grief: Facts for Families / Children and Grief
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Facts for Families / PTSD
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: Understanding Violent Behavior in Children and Adolescents
- Disaster and Trauma Resource Center: Tips, Resources and Frequently Asked Questions
- PBS has an article about Helping Children with Tragic Events in the News
More resources are available on the Social & Emotional Learning page.