The School Committee is made up of 5 members serving three-year terms. They are elected during town elections in March. To read meeting minutes or agendas, see when the next meeting is, or to contact the members, go to the School Committee webpage.
In addition to volunteering, you might consider working for NAPS as a substitute teacher or other support staff. Check out the current openings on Applitrack.
Individual School Volunteer Opportunities
Getting involved at the school-level is a great way to meet the teachers and staff at your child's school, as well as other parents in your neighborhood. Visit their websites below, or check the calendar to see when you might attend the next meeting.
- Anne Bradstreet ECC PTO - https://annebradstreetecc.wixsite.com/eccpto
- Atkinson PTO - http://atkinsonpto.wix.com/atkinsonpto
- Franklin PTO - https://sites.google.com/view/franklinschoolpto
- Kittredge PTO - https://sites.google.com/site/nakittredgepto/home
- Sargent PTO - http://www.nasargentpto.net
- Thomson PTO - https://sites.google.com/site/thomsonelementarypto
- NA Middle School Parent Advisory Council - https://sites.google.com/site/namsptac
- NA High School Parent Advisory Council - https://sites.google.com/site/nahspac1
- Planning and Information for College and Career Committee (PICC) -https://nahs.northandoverpublicschools.com/student-life/guidance/college-planning/picc-committee
- Support Our Seniors NAHS - https://sites.google.com/site/sosnahs/home
These groups work with volunteers throughout the community to benefits students and teachers across the district.
- North Andover Enrichment Council - https://sites.google.com/view/nasec/home
The NAEC supports, strengthens, and enriched the North Andover school curriculum by providing in-school cultural and educational programs in the Sciences and Humanities.
- BRC Committee - http://nak12.net/RAISE
The Building Respectful Community Committee was formed to work with schools help build upon and strengthen our RAISE value (respect, achievement, inclusion, service, and empathy.)
- North Andover Parent Resource Network - https://www.naparentresourcenetwork.org
NAPRN was created to support parents and caregivers in the mental health arena by providing relevant speakers and discussion groups.
- Understanding Our Differences - http://northandoverpac.com/index.php/understanding-our-differences/
UOD is an interactive disability awareness curriculum taught to elementary students by parent volunteers.
- North Andover Reads - http://nak12.net/NAreads
The goal is provide the citizens of North Andover with a celebration of literature based around a particular theme or author.
- North Andover Foundation for Education - http://www.northandoverfoundation.org
The purpose of the NAFE is to provide the public schools of North Andover with the resources necessary to enhance curriculum, programs, and services beyond those that are supported in the annual budget.
- Food Rescue - http://www.nafoodrescue.org
Rescuing unopened and unused food from our cafeterias and redirecting it as snacks for other students in our district who may need it, as well as our neighbors in need via food pantries and shelters.
- Cafeteria Recycling and Composting - email Joanna O'Connell
Through a grant from the Mass DEP, the Thomson school and NAMS have been sorting and reducing waste. All eight schools will be participating by the end of 2021.
- Drop it and Go!
An effort by the 5th graders of North Andover to collect donations of household items for area charitable organizations.
- Health Advisory Council - The Health Advisory council of the North Andover School District is a volunteer organization whose mission is to evaluate and monitor current health issues and advise the school administration on health policy.
There are a few organizations which have been formed to support specific groups of students, or to offer extracurricular activities in the community
- North Andover Music Association - https://northandovermusic.org
Supporting the musicians and music teachers. Hosting and organizing NESBA marching band competitions.
- NA SEPAC - http://northandoverpac.com — NA SEPAC Facebook Page
The North Andover Special Education Parent Advisory Council is a volunteer organization of parents with children on IEP and 504 plans
- North Andover Booster Club - http://northandoverboosterclub.com
Providing fun and sports for all levels and ages of children in town, the NABC has been quality athletic programs since 1950.
- North Andover Scholarship Foundation - http://www.nascholarship.org
Awarding scholarships to graduates of an accredited secondary school who reside in North Andover
Reasons to Get Involved:
Your Child Benefits!
Research has shown that children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
Meet New People
It's great to have a circle of adult friends who have a shared interest. Volunteering is a great way to foster connections between families in our community.
Match your Abilities to the Schools' Needs
There is a group for everyone. Have experience planning events, working directly with children, or managing finances? There is a job where your talents can shine! Have a great idea? Getting involved gives you opportunities to get your ideas out there.
We Need You!
Many activities that our community enjoys are brought to fruition by fundraising and volunteers. Your involvement helps bring the programming, support, and supplies that our schools depend on!
It Feels Great
Your child spends a lot of time at school, and it's great to share in those experiences. It's also rewarding to know you've made a difference–no matter how big or small–in the next generation.