RAISE in the Schools
North Andover Middle School
Multiple grades: ACHIEVEMENT
NAMS sent three singers to the Northeast Junior District Festival, an audition based choir that only the best in the state can perform with. Students were Catherine Gilligan, Leah Rhodes and Henry Wright.
Teacher Andrea Liacos: SERVICE
By winning the Mentor of Arts with the Biggest Heart Award from the Merrimack Valley Credit Union, she was able to donate $500 to the WhyNotDevin Foundation.
NAMS Band: SERVICE
Each year a group of 6-8th grade band students form the Holiday Band. We rehearse after school in November and December and then perform at the Senior Center the week before winter vacation.
NAMS Cross Country Team: SERVICE
The NAMSXC team is not only a successful athletic program, but also takes pride in helping our community. For the last few years NAMSXC has helped out at the Atkinson Glow Run.
- Anti Bullying Skits (students create and/or reenact bullying situations and come up with solutions).
- Celtics Playbook taught to our 8th graders dealing with stereotypes such as gender, race, religion etc.
- RAISE Awards given out throughout the trimester to students who display Respect, Achievement, or Inclusion during class.
- Cooperative Team Building Activities taught from Project Adventure. Students participated in a number of challenges where teams and individuals had to be selfless and help one another out to achieve a goal. Some activities had students choosing to chance "getting out" for the better of the team.
Physical Education: INCLUSION
New 6th graders are welcomed to NAMS with a day of inclusion on Stevens Pond and Weir Hill
Student Leadership Projects 2017 - 2018: SERVICE/INCLUSION
- Promoted Breast Cancer awareness month with a donation to local organization "A Little Easier Recovery"
- Students in all lunches created Halloween cards for seven year old, Brock, who is battling Cancer and wished to get the most Halloween cards ever!
- Students collected and delivered food donations to Bread & Roses
- Sponsored "Start with hello week," a week to promote inclusivity and kindness.
- Selected and worked with eighth grade student ambassador to Project 351. Supported her Cradles-To-Crayons clothing drive
- Ran an end of year Children’s hospital toy gift drive for patients staying at Boston's Children Hospital
TEAM 6B: SERVICE/ACHIEVEMENT
- 6B students wrote letters to Veteran's and delivered them to the VFW
- 6B organized a presentation and outside event with Dave McGillivray focused on perseverance and teamwork
Franklin Elementary School
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Boston Bruins Pajama Drive
- Personal Care Items Drive
- RAISE Assemblies
- Random Acts of Kindness Week
- Read Across America Week
- Learning Buddies
- Breast Cancer Awareness Day
- Autism Awareness Day
- Variety Show
Sargent Elementary School
During the 2017 Winter Holidays, the students at the Sargent Elementary School put together a video showcasing all of the different holidays that students celebrate.
Kittredge Elementary School
- September: School supplies for Sheldon ISD impacted by Hurricane Harvey
- October: Sock drive for local homeless organization, Blanket Me
- November & December: Food drive & gift drive for local families in conjunction with NAYC
- February: Candy & valentines for every worker on DPW, NAPD, & NAFD
- March: Gift cards for a Kittredge family impacted by a house fire
- April: write a note to show your appreciation of a teacher
- May: Sunscreen for Special Olympics athletes & posters for each athlete